Senior In-House Council
FTCYBER is a leading forensic firm online. Join our team to build your career in a culture that values truth, excellence and puts customers first.
The in house the Corporate Legal Department, provides legal support to the firm's technology organization. Among other topics, this Practice Group provides primary legal coverage in the areas of Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity, Privacy, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, Cloud, Data Management, Technology Transactions, Licensing Agreements, and artificial intelligence/machine learning. The group supports many of the firm's most innovative and cutting edge initiatives, including new products and services, the acquisition of all technology services, research and development, and external partnerships and collaborations. The Legal Department of FTCYBER & Co. provides legal advice to the Firm globally.
We are currently seeking Senior In-House Counsel to join the legal team. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior attorney with a demonstrated interest in the above fields, to build to develop advisory skills and apply knowledge and understanding to best assist our clients.
Amongst other responsibilities, legal professionals in the Tech Legal Practice Group:
- As a strategic partner to the firm's blockchain team, you will help guide innovation across a range of client bases and banking products.
- You'll also be responsible for engaging, educating, and helping guide regulatory and industry policy globally related to IP (intellectual property), third-party risk management in cybersecurity, crypto-assets such as Bitcoin or Ethereum; central bank digital currencies - permissioned ledgers like Fedcoin; DLT (distributed ledger technology) AI technologies like chatbots.
- You will work with the strategic investments team to provide advice and support the development of innovative financial products and services.
- You'll also structure engagements with Universities in cutting-edge, emerging technology-related research which will help us stay one step ahead of our competition.
- Besides this, you'll be conducting diligence on companies, that have either defrauded customers, may have IP concerns as well as privacy issues and other technologies related matters.
- Provide advisory services to all business lines in terms of information security, and have a team that includes legal, compliance and strategy partners. This group will work with the firm's central controls teams to solve for novel issues presented by new technologies in financial services.
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where this role will be located before starting work. Must have experience as a practicing attorney in either law firm or corporate law environment, and at least 3-5 years of experience working within one Practice Group's core coverage areas that are specified below.
- Strong interest in new and emerging technology solutions and applications. Understanding of the intellectual property issues raised by emerging technologies. Familiarity with global regulatory issues relevant to the use of technology in financial services.
- Qualifications required for this job are strong analytical, problem-solving and legal research skills. Strong business judgment and strategic thinking is also necessary. You must be able to identify issues, analyze problems and provide solutions yourself in order to do the job with success. A proven ability to independently identify issues as well as communicate effectively with all levels of personnel that includes senior executives is a huge must-have.
- Highly skilled in performing under pressure, handling deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
- Skilled at following up with assignments in a timely manner and exercising good business judgment.
- Expert interpersonal skills that enable you to build consensus across a global matrix organization.
To be eligible for a position in the Legal department, candidates need to successfully clear their conflicts of interest. This ensures that they are free from any bias which might affect their work as an employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans